The Cork Mother Jones Committee wishes to thank the many hundreds of people who worked on a voluntary basis in Shandon during the recent 2014 Spirit of Mother Jones Festival to ensure another remarkable success story for this relatively new event. It has been a stimulating week!
It has been another wonderful event, drawing participants from far and wide, local visitors, trade unionists, historians and tourists from many countries to join in the activities of the summer school and festival which celebrated the life, the courage and the spirit of Mary Harris/Mother Jones.
We wish to thank our speakers, film makers, musicians, actors, media representatives and the huge community effort that went into what eventually became a week long event. We acknowledge the support and cooperation of all the people who work at our two venues, the Firkin Crane and the Maldron Hotel.
The responses from many of the several thousand people who attended at some stage during the week has been extremely positive and supportive for both the festival itself and acknowledge the huge and impressive input of the local community in Shandon.
The festival itself is tribute to the hard work and dedication of the members of the Cork Mother Jones Committee,the amazing local community spirit and huge growing international support which exists for the event. To our friends and supporters and those who honour the Spirit of Mother Jones across the world and are in turn inspired by her, we say thank you!
The Spirit of Mother Jones Festival 2014
- 2014 Spirit of Mother Jones Festival line-up begins to take shape
- Gareth Peirce – a Lifetime Defending the Underdog
- Mother Jones in the minefields of West Virginia with Professor James Green
- Cork Mother Jones Lecture 2014 by Professor James Green
- Prof. Rosemary Feurer set to return to this years Spirit of Mother Jones festival
- “Get off your knees” – the Rosemary Feurer lecture 2014
- Qatar – a World Cup Graveyard?
- The Story of the Magdalenes with Claire McGettrick, co-founder of Justice for Magdalenes
- Palikari – Louis Tikas and the Ludlow Massacre!
- The Cork Harbour Soviet with Luke Dineen
- Interesting films at the Spirit of Mother Jones Festival 2014
- The Battle for Orgreave – 30 years on – with Paul Winter of the Orgreave Truth and Justice Committee
- “From Allihies to Butte, Montana” Tadhg O’Sullivan, Vice chairperson of the Allihies Copper Mine Museum
- “Mother Jones and her Children” – Film by Framework Films – film premiere
- Mother Jones Festival Begins Today
- Day 2 of The Spirit of Mother Jones Festival – “The Legacy”
Photos at the Spirit of Mother Jones Festival 2014
- Spirit of Mother Jones festival 2014 in Pictures
- More Photos from this Year’s Spirit of Mother Jones Festival
- Day 2 of the Spirit of Mother Jones Festival in pictures
Music at the Spirit of Mother Jones Festival 2014
- Songwriting workshop with Si Kahn 28 July 2014
- Anne Feeney for Cork Mother Jones Festival 2014
- American folk / Activist Legends in Concert (Si Kahn and Anne Feeney)
- Si Kahn – Folk Music Legend – a Profile
- Spirit of Mother Jones Gala Concert 2014
- Anne Scargill & Betty Cook sing “The Women’s Song”
- Music in the Garden – the Lion Youth Brass Band from Cheshire
- Children of Mother Jones – a new song by Pete Duffy
- Children of Mother Jones – song lyrics